Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My First Post

For my introduction into the blogging world I would like to introduce myself and give some background on how I got here today. I have always been a lover of all things food and since I moved to Manhattan that love has been expanded upon and my knowledge base has become much wider; growing by the day. Growing up on a farm I always knew where my food came from and how much work it took to get the finished product to the table. Now that I live the antithesis of a rural life I still try to maintain my connections with farmers by frequenting the greenmarket and buying ingredients there. I am a self-proclaimed novice at cooking but I love to experiment by using ingredients that inspire me. I also spend a great deal of time eating out (as is the norm for most people in this city). This is where I get to try different cuisines and dishes and expand upon my own knowledge; hopefully attempting to emulate a dish that inspires me. So here I am, an amalgam of city and country trying my hand at writing about my food experiences in the city and beyond. I hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment